Computer Interface Cable
The computer interface cable allows you to connect your Polaris timer console to a serial or USB port on a personal computer. With the proper software, this cable allows automatic insertion of riders' times into a spreadsheet, database, or other record-keeping application.
Following are a few suggested software solutions, including event management packages from third-party vendors:
- If you have designed your own record-keeping application (spreadsheet, database, etc.), look at our Timer Interface Software. This program makes it simple to get times from the Polaris timer into your application without any programming.
- You can use our free Timer Log program to sequentially log timer activity into a small window on your computer screen. The content of the log is identical to the output provided by the small log printer we sold in the past. All timer activity is recorded including stop times, no-times, restarts and manual intervention.
- Arena Management Software – Third party solution for barrel racing and other rodeo events.
- Charlie Horse Ranch Timing Systems – Third party solution for barrel racing and other rodeo events.
- pcBarrels – Third party solution for barrel racing.
- Roping Assistant – Third party solution for team roping events.
- RodeoGo – Third party solution for barrel racing, team roping, and other rodeo events.
- SortArena – Third party solution for sorting events.
- Carlsen's Roping Management Program – Third party solution for team roping events.
- EquestrianDigital – USEF Platinum-Certified 3rd party solution for Show Jumping
- Equussentials Jumper Judge Dashboard – Third party solution for show jumping events
- Pronto Timing System – Third party solution for autocross events
- AXti.me – Third party solution for autocross events
The computer interface cable actually consists of two cables: A ten foot cable to connect the Polaris timer to a 9-pin computer serial port, and a one foot USB adapter cable to allow connection into a USB port if your computer does not have a serial port.